Thursday, July 14, 2011

Seadog Sushi - Chicago, IL

I've been eyeing this sushi restaurant since it opened near our neighborhood and was so happy that there was a sushi restaurant near by.  Within the past six months, I've only been there twice now and it's not because I didn't like it, I just keep forgetting that it's there.  I failed to take pictures the first time, but here's what I had for dinner with Aleen awhile back.  

Aleen loves gomaae, spinach with sesame dressing. so we got an order of that.  It came in three little mounds of steamed spinach with sesame dressing on top.  



Their signature maki roll is called the triple S, which we had last time so we ordered it again.  It's basically a sweet potato tempura roll wrapped with salmon and topped with toasted spicy dynamite sauce.  Never imagined salmon and sweet potato tempura would work together, but it does.


I got the chirashi, which was great.


Aleen got her fav, tamago and a spicy tuna roll.  I loved their presentation of the tamago by the way.


On my previous visit, we tried the salmon skin salad and a hamachi carpaccio and an array of sushi and maki rolls.  All of those dishes were great as well.  And don't forget, it's BYOB too!  I love that about Chicago.  Hope you enjoy!

Seadog Sushi Bar
1500 W Division St
Chicago, IL 60642

No comments:

Post a Comment