Monday, July 11, 2011

Roasted Garlic Bread and Compound Butter

A perfect compliment to the cioppinio is roasted garlic bread.  This is pretty fantastic.  All you do it cut off the tops of the garlic, pour some olive oil on top and bake in your oven until the garlic gets soft.  I used 1 garlic bulb and one stick of butter, but you can use more or less depending on your preference.  


Let butter come to room temperature and mix with the roasted garlic pieces.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  


I added chopped herbs I had on hand, like rosemary and thyme.  


Slice a loaf of french bread lengthwise.  Generally spread the garlic butter mixture and bake in the oven.


I was too busy devouring this to take pictures.  But trust me, it's delicious!

I went overboard and made a lot of garlic butter, but fear not, you can use the excess to make compound butter.  All you have to do it put a blob on it on parchment paper and roll it up into a log.


Twist the ends together and you can freeze it.  It's a great way to get rid of extra herbs you have on hand.  I just slice off a slice of compound butter to flavor any dish I'm making.  It's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment