Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mario's Italian Lemonade - Chicago, IL

Right across the street from Al's No. 1 Italian Beef is Mario's Italian Lemonade.  I've heard good things about it and it's only open during the summers, so you definitely have to take advantage while you can.  


By the time we were done with our italian beef sandwiches and headed over to Mario's, quite a number of people had gotten in line.  It's a cute little shack that's been around since 1954.  It's bright, colorful and full of personality.  


Mary and I decided to share an Italian ice since we were meeting up with some friends for dessert #2.  We opted for their watermelon ice.  They use fresh fruit and as you can see from the pic, there are chunks of watermelon in this.  It was refreshingly light, a perfect post meal snack.  And the best part, it's only $1.  I'm so sad summer is already over and I haven't been able to go back.  I'll be back next summer Mario's, just you wait.  


Thanks Mary for embarking on my Italian Beef mission with me and for single-handedly breaking my number of desserts in one night record.  Can't wait for your return! 

Mario's Italian Lemonade
1068 W Taylor St
(between Carpenter St & Aberdeen St) 
Chicago, IL 60607

1 comment:

  1. aww thanks! I wanna come back to EAT again :) btw, my mom is in chicago for a month to help with new baby.

    ReplyDelete