Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Molly's Cupcakes - Chicago, IL (Lincoln Park)

A few weeks ago, I had lunch plans at Sultan's Market in Lincoln Park to eat falafel sandwiches. I was an hour early so I was going to walk around the neighborhood and explore. It started raining so I decided to take cover and get some tea. Lucky for me there was Molly's Cupcakes nearby.


Here's a card that describes how Molly's Cupcakes came to be. Cute story. I like how Johnny calls himself the Chief Egg Cracker.


They have an array of cupcakes where you can pick the type of cake (chocolate, vanilla, carrot and red velvet) and then pick the type of frosting (vanilla, chocolate, cream cheese, brown butter and french buttercream). You can also add toppings such as m&m's, reese's pieces, brownies, etc. Their specialty cupcakes however are their center filled cupcakes. The ones that caught my eye were Peanut Butter Nutella with peanut butter cake, nutella filling and buttercream nutella frosting and their Strawberry Shortcake with vanilla cake, whole fresh strawberries cooked in brown sugar filling and vanilla buttercream. I couldn't narrow it down, so I had to ask for advice. I asked which cupcake was their most popular and they told me the Ron Bennington. Let me introduce you to Ron.


He's made of chocolate cake, peanut butter filling, chocolate ganache and crushed butterscotch topping. Holy moly, this cake was good. The cake was super moist and that peanut butter filling was lusciously smooth. This cupcake was definitely worth the $3.50 or however much it was.


I think I need to do cupcakes before lunch more often. Sultan's was quite yummy btw, I just forgot to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment